It’s been very crucial for the people of India to carry all the required documents while driving. These documents may be Driving Licence, Registration Certificate (RC), Pollution Under Control Certificate (PUC) and etc.
A Driver Licence is an official document that authorizes its holder to drive all types of motor vehicles on roads which are accessible for the public. In Indian states, they are administered by the Regional Transport Authorities/Offices (RTA/RTO).
A Registration Certificate or RC is an official document that authorizes your vehicles to be registered with the Indian government. This document is proof of the registration of your motor vehicle.
A Pollution under Control or PUC Certificate is a valid certification for the vehicles which are tested under the PUC Test. This certificate proofs that your vehicle’s vehicular emissions are under control and in accordance with the pollution norms. This means your vehicles are not polluting the air environment.
However, the mobile app called DigiLocker is an online service provided by the Ministry of Electronics and IT, Government of India under it’s Digital India initiative. This app is acts as a file of such above discussed documents and even many more documents such as your Pan card, Aadhar card etc.
This app gives you 1GB free space for uploading your document but that uploaded document will not be 100% verified by the government because these document has been manually uploaded and hence there is a chance of document tampering.
If you enter your Aadhar number and date of birth then this app will automatically fetch your Aadhar card details from the central government database. Therefore, such fetched documents will be 100% verified by the DigiLocker app. And the same process is valid for another document too. Moreover, these documents will act as an original hard copy. And if any traffic police deny accepting this soft copy then you can file a complaint under the IT ACT 2000.
Process for installation and storing of document:
Step-1: Go to play store and install the app called DigiLocker (Government of India). Then sign up using the mobile number. And set a 4 digit pin to login next time.
Step-2: In the dashboard section, link your digital Aadhar using Aadhar number and OTP sent to the registered mobile number. Later the issued Aadhar card will available into the ISSUED DOCUMENTS section by clicking on the three-dot given at the right side of each document.
Step-3: In the same way, for adding another document simply click on the search option given at the bottom in the Issued Document section.
Features of DigiLocker:
- This app can keep a record of any kind of documents such as pan card, Driving Licence, Aadhar card, Mark sheet, Certificates, and many more.
- The Indian Railway, Airport directly will also accept issued documents like Aadhar card or pan card from DigiLocker app. These documents are 101% valid in INDIA as per Ministry of Road Transport and Highways. (Read above circulars).
- The soft copy like a photo of the document, document present in the mail etc will not be valid if you show it to the traffic authority. But the same thing present in the DigiLocker App will be 100% valid. And there will be no need of having a hard copy.
- If any traffic police or any authorized person denies accepting the soft copy then you can file a complaint against him. As he violated a government rule. The circular link for this app given below- https://digilocker.gov.in/circulars/morthcircular.pdf
Therefore, we hope that the above information was helpful.
For such kind of daily Tech News episodes and Latest Technology please follow us on the below social pages-
- Facebook: https://business.facebook.com/TheTechnicalLite/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/TechnicalLite _
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/technicallite/
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/technicallite/?viewAsMember=true
For the Latest Technology Updates: Click Here
For Daily Tech News Episodes: Click Here
Please do not forget to give your valuable feedback. And do share this information with your friends and family. To save them from getting fined if they forget to carry hard copies. As these documents reside in the mobile app called DigiLocker.