As we all know that its almost impossible to find your lost phones. And i know how much we are worried about our data more than the phone.
So, in order to solve it our government had arise with a marvelous implementation. Which will help us in deleting the data of lost phones.
Let’s discuss about this great accomplishment of our government.
So, our government will helps us to find our lost phones thorough a new web portal. Which is being launched by Ravi Shankar Prasad in Maharashtra. Where you can report theft of your phones.
Let’s understand it in details.
It all started with the department of telecommunications. Which has been looking after CEIR (Central Equipment Identity Register) since 2017.
Moreover, CEIR is a database of IMEI numbers. Where, IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) is a 15 digit unique number. Which is helpful in identifying mobile phones.
However, India has about 1 billion wireless subscribers. So, this web portal will be highly grateful for us.
How it works?
Let’s see below the working of this great web portal in only three steps.
- Firstly, you need to file an FIR through this web portal if your mobile phone is lost or someone has robbed it.
- Secondly, you need to inform the department of telecom through a helpline number i.e, 14422.
- At last, department of telecom will blacklist the IMEI number of the stolen mobile phone.
This is all about how this project works.
The benefits are as follows:
- After blacklisting, the device will be blocked by the telecom department. And it won’t be able to access any mobile networks again. Which would make the phone useless. So, you don’t need to worry about your data now.
- Your cellular operator can also block the device from accessing the network by your IMEI numbers.
However, this was all about this topic. I hope that the information was helpful.
For Edge Computing:Click Here.
Furthermore, follow us on our all the social handles below:
- Facebook: https://business.facebook.com/TheTechnicalLite/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/TechnicalLite _
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/technicallite/
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/technicallite/?viewAsMember=true
Also, don’t forget to subscribe our website.