In this digital world, All the annoying marketing emails get accumulated into your inbox. Main intention of Such emails are to promote any product or for its selling. These emails are having tracking pixel hidden within an image or a link. Basically these pixels are used to track whether you have opened the email, when you opened it, and where you were at the time while opening. The software MailChimp is used to embed this tracking pixel into Email.
How does it work?
Such marketing emails containing this tracking pixel usually hidden within an image or a text link. And when these emails are opened, code within the tracking pixel sends the info back to the company’s server. And hence such private information goes to the company and they use it for their benefit.
How to stop such tracking pixels?
The big tech giants like Google have tried many times to restrict such private information from being transferred. And hence since 2014, Google has served all images through its own proxy servers, which could hide your location from being tracked. And also developed some extensions like Ugly Mail and PixelBlock to block trackers on Chrome and Firefox.
There are also some tips to avoid from being tracked. These tips involves to stop your email from automatically loading images, use extensions like Ugly Mail and PixelBlock to block trackers on Chrome and Firefox, use an email client such as Thunderbird which automatically block remote images.
Steps to disable autoloading image in Gmail:
- At first click on gear icon placed at the upper right corner to access your settings.
- Secondly go inside the General tab and then scroll down to Images.
- Then choose Ask before displaying external images.
- And finally go down to the end of the page and click on Save Changes.
Steps to disable autoloading image in Microsoft outlook (Office 365):
- At first click on File then go to Options.
- Secondly choose Trust Center inside of the Option Window.
- Finally click the box labeled as Don’t download pitures automatically in standard HTML messages or RSS items and Don’t download pictures in encrypted or signed HTML email messages and you are done.
Steps to disable autoloading image in Apple mail:
- Firstly choose Mail then Preferences.
- Secondly click on Viewing option.
- Finally uncheck the box labeled as Load remote content in messages.
Steps to disable autoloading image in Android Gmail:
- At first click on the three lines option at the upper left corner and then go down to select Setting option.
- Secondly click on your email account and then go down to choose Image.
- Finally click on Ask before displaying external images.
Steps to disable autoloading image in iphone:
- Firstly click on Settings option and then go to Mail.
- Secondly choose Messages section and toggle off Load Remote Images.
Furthermore, for keeping yourself updated with new technologies or such daily Tech News. Do follow us on our all the social handles below:
- Facebook: https://business.facebook.com/TheTechnicalLite/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/TechnicalLite _
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/technicallite/
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/technicallite/?viewAsMember=true
For daily Tech News: Click Here.
For Latest Technology Update: Click Here.
Please do not forget to give your valuable feedback.